I’m not sure why, but this morning the DNS or network had died on my
OpenDarwin installation. In addition, the clock had “stopped”
… or was going *extremely* slow. I ended up having to
reboot. At first I was thinking it was a Darwinports issue …
or a repository issue … since I was getting errors trying to fetch
the most basic packages. When I went to grab a copy of Fink
curl failed to resolve the DNS name. That’s about when I rebooted.
When I got logged in then I could begin the download of Fink, and I
went back to Darwinports and began the process of installing Gnome
again … not sure if it’s going to work … but it’s installing!