I spent time today working on OpenDarwin again. Now that I have
a working network driver, it’s a lot more fun! I can now start to
download and install a wide range of Open Source to make it a more
complete and usable system.
One thing that I’ve been doing is spending some of the time documenting the work that I am doing to the OpenDarwin Wiki. They are running a copy of the MediaWiki
and I have to admit that I am very impressed with the
functionality. I’m just learning the interface and capabilities,
but it appears to be a very rich wiki with a lot of
functionality. I ended up writing this page today on Installing OpenDarwin x86 on Virtual PC 2004. I still have a lot to add, but it’s a good start.
I’m going to see if I can complete my CD ROM image tonight that will
contain the network driver and some other tools. I’m still
working through some details. I’ll keep documenting.