I have had some people asking about my deposition for the SCO vs. IBM
lawsuit. Well … it was delayed. I was supposed to be
deposed in Salt Lake City on the 16th of this month, however it turned
out that SCO didn’t have enough lawyers to cover all of the depositions
going on. So I was asked to alter the date … which was fine
So my new date is this Friday … the 31st. I’ll head into Salt
Lake City first thing in the morning, and the deposition will begin at
9:00am. I had to ask some questions to learn more about this
since I have not been subpoenaed for a deposition before … by the US
Federal Courts no less.
- Do I get paid or reimbursed for my time?
- Nope. Nada.
- Well … how much time to I have to provide?
- IBM is allowed up to 7 hours of “tape time”. Crap! That’s all day!
- Can I blog about the experience?
- Yeah … but not about the content. Period. The judge said so.
- Can I plead the Fifth?
- I didn’t really ask this … but it sounded kinda cool.
- Do I get to eat lunch?
- Yeah … there’s a lunch break, but it’s not counted in the 7 hours above.
- Who pays for lunch?
- I didn’t ask, but I’m going to guess that they can’t buy me lunch either!
- (As a side note, I think that IBM and SCO ought to fairly split the cost of my lunch so that I would be equally biased.)
Hmmm … I ownder what to wear? 🙂
Well … I’ll blog about the experience. It’s going to be interesting.